These uniform insignia were worn by flight engineers, navigators, and flight radio operators from 1947 to 1950. They were made of sterling-silver bullion (wire thread) sewn on a wool backing, with an applied enamel center disk. The manufacturer is unknown.
The cap emblem is approximately 1 7/8" wide, and the wool backing is approximately 2 1/16" wide.
The wing is approximately 2 1/4" along its longest dimension, and the wool backing is approximately 2 5/8" along its longest dimension.