These uniform insignia were worn by captains and copilots from 1947 to 1950. They were made of sterling-silver bullion (wire thread) sewn on a wool backing, with an applied enamel center disk. The manufacturer is unknown.
The cap emblem is approximately 1 7/8" wide, and the wool backing is approximately 2 1/16" wide.
The wing is 3 3/4" wide, and the wool backing is 4 1/8" wide. It has clutch-back fasteners.Click here to see first-generation insignia worn by other cockpit crewmembers.